Myles Skinner's Development Portfolio: 650Vue
What happened next was unexpected and strange but not atypical of my creative process. A pattern emerged from my early Vue experiments, and before long my experimentation came into focus. I wasn't just goofing around anymore; I had a direction. I was building a single-page application, which evolved into 650Vue, a simulated 6502-based computer built in Vue and capable of running non-trivial software on a virtual machine in the browser.
This development journal documents the process of creating 650Vue, and is divided into several sections:
- Part 1 – Origin Story: How the heck did we get here?
- Part 2 – The 6502: The brains of the outfit.
- Part 3 – KIM-1: Architecture and Modelling.
- Part 4 – A Passion for Design: Finding a look that invokes the time period.
- Part 5 – Registers, Memory, and Vuex: Keeping track of machine state.
- Part 6 – Segmented Registral Displays: Rendering the CPU registers in the browser.